If you’ve ever been to a lingerie party, you know that these soirees are fun for people of all ages. Unfortunately, many people share the common misconception that lingerie parties are only for the young. While younger people certainly enjoy these parties just as much as anybody else, lingerie parties are not exclusively reserved for young women.
Believe it or not, the older the guests are, the more fun they tend to have at these parties! This is especially true when it comes to bridal shower lingerie parties that include a lot of older women.
If you don’t believe me now, you’ll have to see for yourself!
If you are young and you find yourself having to plan a bridal shower lingerie party that mainly consists of an older crowd, you may feel a bit intimidated. That’s a perfectly natural feeling, but there’s really no need for you to worry. Whether your party consists of 30 year olds, 70 year olds, or 80 year olds, the point remains the same. This is a time to celebrate the bride-to-be, so the main goal is to make her happy!
Here are some things that you should keep in mind for your older crowd lingerie party:
- Choose a theme for your party and adhere to it as best as you can. When you pick your theme, make sure that it is something that all of your guests will be able to relate to and enjoy. For instance, the bride’s great aunt may feel awkward attending a party with a cowgirl theme. Similarly, the bride’s great grandmother might not be too keen on the idea of a Funny Fashion Show party. Just consider your guest list when you choose a theme and you’ll do a great job.
- Make sure to inform the potential guests that this will not be a dirty party. You can explain this fact in the invitations and with personal phone calls. Reassure everybody that you invite that they will not be put on the spot or forced to feel awkward. This party is just a creative way to send the bride-to-be off into the world and you can guarantee that everybody who comes will have a wonderful time.
- When you choose gifts for your party, try to think like an older woman would. Chances are that she does not want a new g-string or a contemporary CD. She would probably prefer a fancy set of guest towels, some aromatic body lotions, or a brand new photo album that she can use to store pictures of the upcoming wedding. Put some thought into your prizes and your guests will surely see the time and effort that you devoted to planning this party.
- Before the party, tell the salesperson to bring a broad range of clothing, but to focus more on the tamer items. Advise her to bring along her naughty items and to put them in a separate area that the guests can visit if they choose to do so. This way none of the guests will feel forced into viewing lingerie that they consider distasteful. Instead, they will feel like they are in control and that they can look at anything that they choose.
- Since the majority of the older crowd at the party is probably a relative or family friend of the bride-to-be, try not to embarrass her too much. Avoid making comments about the wedding night, the honeymoon, or any other events that she would rather not discuss with her great grandmother. Of course, if the other guests bring it up first, you can feel free to chime in with your own thoughts!
As long as you try to make your bridal shower lingerie party as tasteful as possible, you should not run into any problems with the older crowd. In fact, you should all be able to have a fabulous time together!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Games have no age limit. You probably want to stay away from games like Twister at a party that has a lot of older guests, but that does not mean that you should avoid games all together. Here are some suggestions for bridal lingerie party games that will be a surefire hit.
Advisory Panel - Not to sound stereotypical, but if your party consists of older women, they probably know a thing or two about marriage! Before the party, cut some medium sized hearts out of red, pink, and beige construction paper. At some point before the bride arrives, have all of the other women write a sage piece of marital advice on a heart. For instance, one woman could write “Always go to bed happy” and another woman could write “Never let your husband leave his underwear on the floor.” Once all of the women have written their advice, place the hearts into a decorative treasure chest or box. Towards the end of the party, present the bride-to-be with the box and have her read all of the comments out loud. The only person who will win a prize for this game is the bride, but it will be a treasure that she can hold onto for the rest of her life.
'Bowl Him Over' Recipe Book - Another idea that doubles up as an unforgettable gift is to compile a handwritten recipe book of your guests favorite recipes. Just ask your guests to bring a hand written version of their time honored favorite recipes that their husbands go ga-ga over, when you send out the invitations and explain that it will be part of a special gift recipe book for the bride. Buy a lovely notebook or beautiful album before hand and collect the recipes from the guests as soon as they enter. Just insert or paste it into the album and there you have it! A one-of-a-kind gift for the bride that she will always cherish.
Balloon Babes - This is a silly game that will amuse the older crowd and the bride-to-be. Before the party, fill a bunch of deflated balloons with pictures of different men. You can include pictures of actors, young men, old men, or any other kind of man that you want to include. Just make sure that one of the pictures is of the husband-to-be. Give each guest one balloon. Instruct all of the guests to blow up their balloons, and then to pop them with a pin. Tell them that whoever finds the perfect man will win a prize. Award the prize to whichever woman finds the husband-to-be. This game will make the older ladies laugh and it will make the bride-to-be happy that she won the best prize of all – her soon to be husband.
Whistle While You Play - When each guest arrives at the party, award her with a whistle necklace for her to wear around her neck. Tell all of the guests that they are not allowed to say the bride or groom’s name at all during the party. If one of the guests slips and says one of the names, the person who catches her can blow her whistle and call out the other player’s mistake. The player who accidentally said the name must forfeit her necklace. (Note: If she later hears somebody say a name and she does not have a whistle necklace, she can whistle the old fashioned way.) Whoever has the most whistle necklaces by the end of the party wins a prize.
These games are really fun and they greatly appeal to the older crowd and any younger guests who might be present. Feel free to add your own twists to these games if you choose to do so. In any case, these games and tips will help you throw the best lingerie bridal shower possible, and everybody is sure to have a terrific time.
Check out a few more lingerie bridal shower ideas for more tips and games.
Copyright © 2007, Lingerie-Party-Fun.com